Testimonials View More
“Your crew is doing a great job for us and have been real pro’s to work with on our project. Engineering, estimating, scheduling and installation has all been great. Them maintaining their schedule has been very helpful because we have a limited amount of time to shut down our warehouse and it looks like they will be done in that area a day early. ”
Travis Collins NMC- National Minerals Corporation
Recent Projects View More
Emerson Rosemount – Clean Rooms
Minneapolis-St Paul, MN Installed a CO2 fire suppression system for multiple acid wet benches in multiple clean rooms using one bank of CO2 tanks due to extremely limited space. The environment was extremely corrosive due to the acid benches. Installed selector valve to route the CO2 discharge to specific room and specific wet bench Used stainless steel pipe to counter corrosion To keep spot nozzles [...]Read more about this project
Industrial Fire Protection System Design
Meeting the fire protection needs of power plants, solar projects, refineries, mills and other industrial facilities.
Industrial facilities present their own set of challenges in designing and building an effective fire protection system. Each is unique. A biofuel plant is different from a refinery, which in turn, varies from a power plant or a paper mill or an aircraft hanger. Summit brings together specialized skills in our Industrial Division to meet the requirements of working on such challenges.
Experience is a key to success. Our track record with these types of facilities goes back many years. We have designed and installed fire protection and suppression systems for numerous industrial facilities across the country and bring that same experience to every project. With professional field teams dedicated to these types of industrial installations, we handle new construction and retrofit, as well as design/construction/post-occupancy facility evaluations.
We adhere to this process for each project:
- Meet with owners up front to build a complete understanding of the project and assist with scope determination
- Visit the site to unearth/assess any hidden or unique site challenges
- Design every aspect ofthe job, including water supplies, sprinklers, fire pumps, foam protection, clean agents and detection/alarm
- Garner all necessary approvals (owner, city, state, insurance)
- Carefully coordinate scheduling
- Supervise and execute every phase of construction with dedicated teams.
- Install, test and commission the system
- Train the people who will be responsible for the system
No project is too big or too small. So count on Summit’s Industrial Division experience to get the job done right. We’ve learned from a long line of successful industrial projects—a
nd that can save you money while implementing effective fire prtection solutions.