Testimonials View More
“I wanted to let you know that Matt Wolkerstorfer your service technician, has been working with me over the last couple weeks and he did a FANTASTIC job calling me, keeping in contact with me and made sure that the work got taken care of. I wanted to make sure he got the kudos and wanted to let you know you have a great guy working for you at Summit Companies.”
Shawn Benier First Pointe
Recent Projects View More
University of Minnesota Athletics Village
Summit Companies has been awarded the fire protection contract for the new University of Minnesota Athletics Village, continuing our successful partnership with M.A. Mortenson. The new facilities will offer world-class football and basketball facilities and will be a catalyst to bring in top talent and championship programs.Read more about this project
Industrial Fire Protection System Design
Meeting the fire protection needs of power plants, solar projects, refineries, mills and other industrial facilities.
Industrial facilities present their own set of challenges in designing and building an effective fire protection system. Each is unique. A biofuel plant is different from a refinery, which in turn, varies from a power plant or a paper mill or an aircraft hanger. Summit brings together specialized skills in our Industrial Division to meet the requirements of working on such challenges.
Experience is a key to success. Our track record with these types of facilities goes back many years. We have designed and installed fire protection and suppression systems for numerous industrial facilities across the country and bring that same experience to every project. With professional field teams dedicated to these types of industrial installations, we handle new construction and retrofit, as well as design/construction/post-occupancy facility evaluations.
We adhere to this process for each project:
- Meet with owners up front to build a complete understanding of the project and assist with scope determination
- Visit the site to unearth/assess any hidden or unique site challenges
- Design every aspect ofthe job, including water supplies, sprinklers, fire pumps, foam protection, clean agents and detection/alarm
- Garner all necessary approvals (owner, city, state, insurance)
- Carefully coordinate scheduling
- Supervise and execute every phase of construction with dedicated teams.
- Install, test and commission the system
- Train the people who will be responsible for the system
No project is too big or too small. So count on Summit’s Industrial Division experience to get the job done right. We’ve learned from a long line of successful industrial projects—a
nd that can save you money while implementing effective fire prtection solutions.