Testimonials View More
“I don't know where to start but to say thank you to everyone in your company. I met Tony Diercks doing testing at our building in Rogers and he was very professional and knowledgeable. He always had a solution or a person to contact for any questions I had for him. I don't remember the other tech that came with Tony, but thank you for the great service also. Keith Randall you were great and I appreciate how quickly you were trying to get this process done. Carrie Rondo WOW you went to work and found a solution possibility and did everything you could for me and somehow got in touch with a tech late Friday afternoon and stuck with us until the job was completed. Adam, the tech that came to do the job late Friday afternoon on his way out of town, was God sent. He made me feel like he was going to give 110% of his ability to solve the problem. This guy does not give up. When he gave me a thumbs up that it was going to work I was amazed at how quickly this all happened. Adam thank you so much for what you did. The city was threatening to shut my business down because of this problem. Adam and Carrie you guys were just amazing and Summit as a company. I will recommend anyone I possibly can to you. I just thought as a company how did this many great people come together under one roof. So thank you to everyone at Summit Fire Protection. You guys are amazing!”
Halloween Fun Shop
Recent Projects View More
Alcuin Library – St. John’s University
Summit Companies recently completed work on a large project at the Alcuin Library at St. John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota. The project included a major renovation of the Alcuin Library as well as the addition of the Dietrich Reinhart Learning Commons. Through a joint effort between its St. Cloud office and St. Paul office, Summit Companies provided all fire protection systems for the project. Included [...]Read more about this project
Means of Egress
- Review of codes and standards such as the International Building Code (IBC) and NFPA 101 Life Safety Code to determine means of egress requirements for new buildings.
- Examples: occupant loads, required egress widths, travel distance, common path of travel, number of exits and continuity, etc.
- Examine existing building conditions to determine the adequacy of an existing means of egress system.
- Assist in the design and development of the means of egress system for a building through review of architectural floor plans.
- Calculations and analysis to determine approximate egress times for building occupants for various scenarios.
- Preparation of Life Safety Evaluations, as required for buildings using smoke-protection of assembly seating.
- Review/approval by Professional Engineer (PE) in fire protection engineering.
Level of Involvement
Can vary, depending on specific project and client needs. Typically, Summit Fire Consulting is working for the Architect of Record and can be involved during Schematic Design and Design Development only, providing cursory design guidance; or, we can be involved during the entire project: Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration.