Testimonials View More
“Dan Schwartz does a good job for us. Please send him on our calls when you can. We enjoy him and he really taught me some things about our card reader that I did not know.”
Eileen Anderson Benedictine Health Center at Innsbruck
Recent Projects View More
Gateway Apartments Renovation – Duluth
Summit Companies Duluth has just begun the installation of the Fire sprinkler systems for the Gateway Apartments renovation project, Duluth, MN. The project is a 14 story, 103,800 sq. ft. existing Apartment Building, currently being completely renovated by ‘Frerichs Construction’. Though not previously protected, at the owners request, the entire building is now being completely sprinkled during construction.Read more about this project
Means of Egress
- Review of codes and standards such as the International Building Code (IBC) and NFPA 101 Life Safety Code to determine means of egress requirements for new buildings.
- Examples: occupant loads, required egress widths, travel distance, common path of travel, number of exits and continuity, etc.
- Examine existing building conditions to determine the adequacy of an existing means of egress system.
- Assist in the design and development of the means of egress system for a building through review of architectural floor plans.
- Calculations and analysis to determine approximate egress times for building occupants for various scenarios.
- Preparation of Life Safety Evaluations, as required for buildings using smoke-protection of assembly seating.
- Review/approval by Professional Engineer (PE) in fire protection engineering.
Level of Involvement
Can vary, depending on specific project and client needs. Typically, Summit Fire Consulting is working for the Architect of Record and can be involved during Schematic Design and Design Development only, providing cursory design guidance; or, we can be involved during the entire project: Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration.