Testimonials View More
“Thank you for getting our Multi floor Deluge Activation project done. Tell Kyle and the other gentleman thank you also, they did a great job and are very professional. I had to leave early that day for an appointment so I didn’t get a chance to talk to them when they finished up. ”
Kelly Stotesbery Poet Biorefining
Recent Projects View More
Treasure Island Hotel Expansion and Remodel
Summit Companies has been awarded the fire protection contract for the new Treasure Island 300 room hotel expansion, continuing our successful partnership with Knutson Construction. In addition to the 8 story hotel room expansion the project also includes a complete renovation of the hotel check-in lobby, a renovation of their current laundry facility, and renovations to various areas of their casino.Read more about this project
Means of Egress
- Review of codes and standards such as the International Building Code (IBC) and NFPA 101 Life Safety Code to determine means of egress requirements for new buildings.
- Examples: occupant loads, required egress widths, travel distance, common path of travel, number of exits and continuity, etc.
- Examine existing building conditions to determine the adequacy of an existing means of egress system.
- Assist in the design and development of the means of egress system for a building through review of architectural floor plans.
- Calculations and analysis to determine approximate egress times for building occupants for various scenarios.
- Preparation of Life Safety Evaluations, as required for buildings using smoke-protection of assembly seating.
- Review/approval by Professional Engineer (PE) in fire protection engineering.
Level of Involvement
Can vary, depending on specific project and client needs. Typically, Summit Fire Consulting is working for the Architect of Record and can be involved during Schematic Design and Design Development only, providing cursory design guidance; or, we can be involved during the entire project: Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration.