Testimonials View More
“Summit Fire Protection has become our one-stop shop for all of our fire protection needs. Nate Voye and the staff at Summit Fire Protection are very reliable and timely. They have educated our facilities department on fire systems, provided excellent customer service, and have been a great resource for our fire safety needs.”
Nick Miller Vikings Football, LLC
Means of Egress
- Review of codes and standards such as the International Building Code (IBC) and NFPA 101 Life Safety Code to determine means of egress requirements for new buildings.
- Examples: occupant loads, required egress widths, travel distance, common path of travel, number of exits and continuity, etc.
- Examine existing building conditions to determine the adequacy of an existing means of egress system.
- Assist in the design and development of the means of egress system for a building through review of architectural floor plans.
- Calculations and analysis to determine approximate egress times for building occupants for various scenarios.
- Preparation of Life Safety Evaluations, as required for buildings using smoke-protection of assembly seating.
- Review/approval by Professional Engineer (PE) in fire protection engineering.
Level of Involvement
Can vary, depending on specific project and client needs. Typically, Summit Fire Consulting is working for the Architect of Record and can be involved during Schematic Design and Design Development only, providing cursory design guidance; or, we can be involved during the entire project: Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration.