Testimonials View More
“We had one of your technicians out to check the exterior fire alarm systems. The tech's name was Dan Schwartz. I would give Dan the three point rating. Professional, prompt and personable. Dan appears to be a good catch for the Summit Companies, he did a great job!”
John Buehler Winslow Green Association
Recent Projects View More
Alcuin Library – St. John’s University
Summit Companies recently completed work on a large project at the Alcuin Library at St. John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota. The project included a major renovation of the Alcuin Library as well as the addition of the Dietrich Reinhart Learning Commons. Through a joint effort between its St. Cloud office and St. Paul office, Summit Companies provided all fire protection systems for the project. Included [...]Read more about this project
Fire & Building Code Consulting & Interpretation
Summit Fire Consultants can be contracted to help with single building or fire code issues in addition to providing general building code and fire code consulting services. Summit can be involved during just the design phases of your project or can work with you throughout the entire project. Whether you’re looking for consultants on Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, or Construction Administration, our team of fire safety consultants are here to help.
Following is a partial list of the Fire Code Consulting & Interpretation services which are provided by Summit Fire Consulting:
- Performing building and fire code review services for both specific issues and regarding the general requirements for new construction.
- Performing surveys of existing buildings to determine compliance with current building and fire code requirements.
- Determining code requirements pertaining to fire-rated construction.
- Surveying existing assemblies to evaluate equivalent fire ratings.
- Examining building conditions to determine the adequacy of an existing means of egress system.
- Reviewing codes and standards to determine means of egress requirements for new building construction.
- Providing documentation in the form of Code Reports, Code Interpretation letters, etc. This documentation can be either submitted directly to the Authority Having Jurisdiction or attached to architectural drawings as supplemental code information.
- Reviewing architectural drawings.
- Reviewing and providing approval by Professional Engineers (PE) in fire protection engineering.
Summit Fire Consulting was brought on at US Bank Stadium to review and provide input on the engineered designs of the smoke control systems, as well as to perform the special inspection services for the systems. The stadium includes a variety of smoke control systems: 15 smoke exhaust systems, 9 stair pressurization systems, and 10 elevator pressurization systems. As part of the review process, Summit Fire Consulting worked closely with the construction team and design engineers to identify any potential areas of concern, provide recommendations for the activation/operation of the systems, and to develop procedures for the testing and approval of the systems. Additionally, Summit Fire Consulting worked closely with the City of Minneapolis to smoothly navigate through the review and testing phases to ensure the local code officials were comfortable with the design, intent, and methodology of testing.