Testimonials View More
“Customer comment: I want to express my thanks for the service provided by Randy Woodley, his customer service is exceptional from following our stringent safety and security rules to ensuring all of our needs are met and issues resolved quickly”
Recent Projects View More
Sanford Medical Center
After the final system test was completed April 2017, Summit Companies installation of fire sprinkler and kitchen hood systems at the new Sanford Fargo Medical Center was officially completed. Summit Companies Fargo has been awarded the annual, semi-annual and quarterly inspections for the new medical center. Inspections include 1 fire pump, 8 standpipes, 65 wet systems, 6 pre-action, 1 VESDA, 5 dry systems, and 4 [...]Read more about this project
Fire & Building Code Consulting & Interpretation
Summit Fire Consultants can be contracted to help with single building or fire code issues in addition to providing general building code and fire code consulting services. Summit can be involved during just the design phases of your project or can work with you throughout the entire project. Whether you’re looking for consultants on Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, or Construction Administration, our team of fire safety consultants are here to help.
Following is a partial list of the Fire Code Consulting & Interpretation services which are provided by Summit Fire Consulting:
- Performing building and fire code review services for both specific issues and regarding the general requirements for new construction.
- Performing surveys of existing buildings to determine compliance with current building and fire code requirements.
- Determining code requirements pertaining to fire-rated construction.
- Surveying existing assemblies to evaluate equivalent fire ratings.
- Examining building conditions to determine the adequacy of an existing means of egress system.
- Reviewing codes and standards to determine means of egress requirements for new building construction.
- Providing documentation in the form of Code Reports, Code Interpretation letters, etc. This documentation can be either submitted directly to the Authority Having Jurisdiction or attached to architectural drawings as supplemental code information.
- Reviewing architectural drawings.
- Reviewing and providing approval by Professional Engineers (PE) in fire protection engineering.
Summit Fire Consulting was brought on at US Bank Stadium to review and provide input on the engineered designs of the smoke control systems, as well as to perform the special inspection services for the systems. The stadium includes a variety of smoke control systems: 15 smoke exhaust systems, 9 stair pressurization systems, and 10 elevator pressurization systems. As part of the review process, Summit Fire Consulting worked closely with the construction team and design engineers to identify any potential areas of concern, provide recommendations for the activation/operation of the systems, and to develop procedures for the testing and approval of the systems. Additionally, Summit Fire Consulting worked closely with the City of Minneapolis to smoothly navigate through the review and testing phases to ensure the local code officials were comfortable with the design, intent, and methodology of testing.