Vikings Stadium- Summit Companies Work Completion!
Summit Companies has recently completed the design & installation of a complete fire protection system at U.S. Bank Stadium located in Minneapolis Minnesota after 26 months of dedication and hard work. The facility is a multi-purpose stadium to be used for Minnesota Vikings football games, baseball games, basketball games, soccer games, concerts, & many other events. The complexity of this multi-purpose structure allowed Summit Companies to apply our creative solutions to a truly unique facility.
- U.S. Bank Stadium has a total of (90) sprinkler systems: (53) wet, (1) dry, (5) pre-action, & (31) deluge. Over 16,000 sprinklers are installed & sufficient water is supplied by one 1500 gpm fire pump. Additional services by Summit include deluge/pre-action detection & alarm, consulting, kitchen hood suppression, & fire extinguishers.
- U.S. Bank Stadium has over 246,000 feet (47 miles!) of fire protection pipe ranging from 8 inch all the way down to 1 inch, helping to sustain positions for 30 Summit sprinkler fitters at the peak of construction.
- Utilizing strong teamwork, Summit involved 7 subcontractors & 10 suppliers in completing U.S. Bank Stadium.
- U.S. Bank Stadium roof loads are carried through a massive ridge truss supported by four truss columns. Engineers opted to use fire protection on these truss columns to meet code requirements. Summit designed & installed deluge systems utilizing heat sensing wire for valve activation, discharging all system sprinklers simultaneously to provide sufficient cooling of truss steel to maintain building integrity.
- Both U.S. Bank Stadium scoreboards received fire protection
- Summit’s performance of this contract has added to our reputation as an industry leader in stadium fire protection. Our company is on the short list for two other stadium fire protection contracts.
Chris Kirby-Lead Project Manager, Dale Lindh-Chief Designer, Jeffery Evrard-Fire Life Safety Inspection Sales, Jeff Evrard -CEO, Bill McManus-Lead Superintendent, Mike Hnat-Director of Safety, Ryan Bierwerth-President of Fire Suppression, Lon Binder-CFO
Justin Miller-National Accounts Representative, Bob Evrard- Guest, Bill McManus- Super Intendant, Chris Kirby- Lead Project Manager, Chris Gillen- Sprinkler Division Manager, Dale Lindh- Chief Designer